PIB is a high end 3-day beer festival specializing in rare, hard-to-find, exotic beers. Over 200 world-class beers from 16 countries will be on hand, hailing from all over the planet, many from right here in the Pacific NW. Stroll around the beautiful park with a cold one as you listen to music play all weekend.
It's simple: Throw more whipped cream in other participants faces than they do in yours and take home a brand new custom cruiser, built by Detroit Bikes for New Belgium.
- Just 1 rule: No ducking! It's free. It's fun. It's messy. - PIE JOUST CHAMP GETS SWEET NEW BIKE! - BEST COSTUME WINS $50 IN BEER TICKETS!
- EVERYONE JOUSTING GETS A FREE NEW BELGIUM GIFT BAG!
- Sign-ups are in person only, Sat 6/25, 12p-2p. We joust at 2p.
- PIB will have cruisers you can borrow, or simply ride your own bike
- First 64 on the list get to be in the show!
- PIE JOUST BAR will feature cans of NBB Citradelic IPA Watch this cool video about NEW BELGIUM & DETROIT BIKES COLLABORATION Watch this video to get a taste of WHAT PIE JOUSTING IS LIKE
C'mon in & check us out for free. However if you want to drink them tasty beers and SAVE MONEY you'll need to go HERE. All money-saving specials are online, advance purchase only.
How often can you say that about a major event close to downtown? Lloyd Center has kindly offered their parking garage & lot for FREE BEERFEST PARKING. The only exception is the Regal Lloyd Center 10 Cinema lot on NE 13th. DON'T use that one. Anywhere else in the Center parking garage/lot is fine.
- Bike parking will be allowed at Lloyd Center as well as inside PIB if you wish to lock your bike to the event fence.
Yeah we've been called that. Fair enough. August ain't just for "lawnmower" beers. Sure we'll have a few, but it's winter somewhere right? PIB will roll out a downright gaudy selection of top rated Barley Wines, Imperial Stouts, Double IPA's, Barrel Aged Strong Ales, funky Farmhouse Saisons, and Sour Ales.
Mainstream isn't something we're very good at. But if you're ready to live a little and try something new and amazing, perhaps even really exotic (yet delicious), we're your guys.
Yup. Did we mention top rated? Some are among the most highly rated for their style
IN THE WORLD
. Every single beer at PIB is hand picked. You may not like them all, but a few will become your new BFF.
That's what you should be. The main point of PIB is to try things you've never had before. Come find out why our motto is
"TASTE THE GREATEST BEERS YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF"
Too many choices got you stumped? Just want to hang out with a cheap pint and people watch? Good news! That's why PIB is